Welcome to kidspacemuseum.org. Access to and use of the website, ticket purchases and museum visits, membership purchases, participation in Kidspace camps and programming, and donations to the museum (collectively, our “Services”), are subject to the following terms and conditions.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY AS YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF THE SITE AND OUR SERVICES CONSTITUTES AGREEMENT TO ALL TERMS, CONDITIONS AND NOTICES CONTAINED OR REFERENCED HEREIN. IF AT ANY TIME YOU CHOOSE NOT TO ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE, PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS SITE OR OUR SERVICES. KIDSPACE CHILDREN’S MUSEUM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY THESE TERMS AT ANY TIME. YOU SHOULD CHECK THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS PERIODICALLY FOR CHANGES.
Please review our visit and safety policies below before reserving tickets.
- Masks are strongly recommended for everyone indoors. Because transmission remains a significant risk for many in Pasadena and across Los Angeles County and state, surgical masks or respirators (e.g., N95s, KN95s, KF94s) with good fit remain highly recommended.
- Stay home if you are ill. Symptoms may include fever 100ºF or above, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, sore throat, chills, headache, muscle or body aches, a new loss of taste or smell, congestion or runny nose, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea. If you need to reschedule your visit due to illness, please email email@example.com, and we will be happy to rebook you.
- There is an inherent risk of COVID-19 exposure in public places where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and people with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting Kidspace, you and your party acknowledge and voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- Please wash or sanitize your hands frequently.
- The COVID-19 pandemic is a dynamic public health crisis. Kidspace may update its related policies as needed and without notice. Your visit will be governed by the policies in place at the time of your admission.
Ticket Purchases and Reservations
- Museum admission is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Indoor galleries are subject to capacity limitations and are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Certain exhibits, programming, or activities may be modified, unavailable, or may have reduced capacity.
- Some activities may require a separate ticket or fee.
- All guests, including members, must reserve timed tickets in advance. Members may reserve their tickets by signing into our ticketing system (https://secure.kidspacemuseum.org) with their Member ID number and last name.
- Tickets are valid for your selected day and time.
- We ask that guests reserve only tickets they plan to use. Excessive bookings are subject to cancellation.
- Some activities may require a separate ticket or fee.
- If you need to reschedule your visit due to illness, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to rebook you or issue a refund.
- Kidspace reserves the right to close select exhibits and/or areas of the museum campus for any reason, including inclement weather, without providing refunds or discounts.
- Should Kidspace be forced to close by a Health Department or other governmental order, refunds will be issued for advance tickets reserved for the affected days.
- The museum does not accept expired coupons or passes.
- Promotional coupons or vouchers must be printed or in their original form for redemption, copies will not be accepted.
- Discount prices and coupons cannot be combined.
- Kidspace is not responsible for third-party sites hosting outdated information about the facility and will not accept discounts published without the museum’s permission.
- Please check our website for closure days, adjusted hours of operation for special events, and accommodations for Rose Bowl events. You can find more information on operating hours, holidays and closures at http://www.kidspacemuseum.org/visit/hours-admission
Important Visit Information
- Certain exhibits, programming, or activities may be modified, unavailable, or may have reduced capacity.
- You are welcome to bring food and non-alcoholic beverages from home.
- Bean Sprouts café is open with healthy breakfast and lunch options available all day and accepts cash, credit, and debit cards.
- Kidspace admissions, retail, and membership sales welcome touchless debit, credit, and tap-to-pay transactions.
- Drinking fountains have been deactivated; bottle filler stations are available near restrooms.
- If you plan to play in the water, bring a change of shoes and extra masks.
Kidspace Campus Rules
- Kidspace Children’s Museum reserves the right to refuse service and/or access, onsite and online, to any individuals disregarding Kidspace policies or disrespectful of Kidspace guests, staff, exhibits or property.
- All guests must comply with safety policies and staff instructions. We expect guests to respect Kidspace staff and other visitors. Kidspace will not tolerate inappropriate behavior or abusive, demeaning, foul, or harassing language. Failure to comply with these policies may result in immediate removal from campus and/or revocation of membership without refund.
- No alcohol, smoking, tobacco, or cannabis products of any kind are permitted on the museum campus or in Brookside Park per City of Pasadena regulations. Use of electronic cigarettes is not permitted at Kidspace.
- Firearms, knives, or weapons of any kind are prohibited.
- Shoes must be worn in all areas of the museum, including water areas, except the Early Childhood Learning Center where socks are required.
- Kidspace staff or authorized representatives may photograph or otherwise record the image and/or voice of guests and use the same for any purpose without compensation.
- The Kidspace campus is monitored by security cameras.
- Kidspace is not responsible for loss or damage of belongings or property.
- We reserve the right to prohibit any guest activity that we determine may be harmful or disruptive at any time.
Code of Conduct
Kidspace Children’s Museum focuses on informal learning for children, their families, and caregivers. We provide a safe and welcoming space for staff and guests to play and learn together. We expect our staff, volunteers, vendors, and guests to act with responsibility and integrity during their time here at the museum, and to contribute to building a space where everyone is invited to play.
We ask our visitors to agree to the following code of conduct:
- Be kind – Share the space by being respectful and courteous to others around you. Please do not touch or verbally reprimand a child from another family.
- Watch your children – Provide adult supervision to your children at all times during your visit.
- Treat things well – Use equipment and exhibits safely and appropriately so that all Kidspace guests can enjoy them.
- Assume good intentions – Model positive behaviors and understand that sometimes another child’s play may unintentionally interfere with your child’s play.
- We are here to help! – Contact Kidspace staff immediately with any questions, needs, or concerns.
All guests must comply with safety policies and staff instructions. We expect guests to respect Kidspace staff and other visitors. Kidspace will not tolerate inappropriate behavior or abusive, demeaning, foul, or harassing language. Failure to comply with these policies may result in immediate removal from campus and/or revocation of membership without refund.
General Liability Waiver
By visiting Kidspace you agree to release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue Kidspace Children’s Museum (Kidspace) or its affiliated entities, directors, board members, employees, staff, members, volunteers, vendors, agents, representatives, attorneys, predecessors, successors and assigns (collectively, “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss or damage, and any claim or demands, for any and all injuries incurred while visiting Kidspace or participating in any Kidspace activity, whether or not caused by the negligence of the Releasees. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless Kidspace and the Releasees against any and all claims, causes of action or lawsuits, for liability, damages, compensation or otherwise brought by you or anyone on your behalf, including any attorneys’ fees or related costs or medical bills or costs which may arise related to your visit to Kidspace or participation in any Kidspace activity.
- Kidspace Memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Memberships begin the day they are purchased and are valid for twelve months (except Family Mini memberships, which were valid for 90 days). Museum closures or holidays will not extend the duration of memberships.
- Kidspace Children’s Museum is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Consult a tax professional when evaluating the tax implications of membership purchases.
- Memberships are designed for families living within the same household only and may not be shared between households.
- Membership benefits are limited to the named adults and the number of children from their household entered at the time of purchase.
- Expiration dates cannot be extended, put on hold, or set for a future date.
- Fees and benefits are subject to change without notice.
- Kidspace Gift Memberships are non-refundable. Once activated, Gift Memberships are non-transferable.
- Gift Memberships begin when first activated by the recipient.
- Please submit a request for any changes to your account via email to email@example.com. Same day requests cannot be accommodated.
- Failure to follow Kidspace’s policies, Campus Rules, or Code of Conduct may result in revocation of your membership without refund.
Member Admission Policies
- Museum admission is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Member admission may be limited by available capacity.
- All guests, including members, must reserve timed tickets in advance. Members may reserve their tickets by signing into our ticketing system here with their Member ID number and last name. One reservation per day.
- We ask that you only reserve tickets your household plans to use. Excessive bookings are subject to cancellation.
- Named member adults must present a valid photo ID when using their member benefits.
- Members may bring guests by purchasing discounted guest tickets when making their member reservations.
- At least one named member adult must be present for every member visit.
Membership Upgrades & Renewals
- Kidspace memberships may be upgraded at any time before expiration by paying the difference in pricing levels.
- Memberships may not be downgraded to a lower membership level.
- Members receive a 15% discount on membership renewals when purchased on or before their membership’s expiration date. However, renewal discounts cannot be applied towards membership upgrades.
- Kidspace reserves the right to alter the membership program over time. If membership levels or benefits change prior to your renewal, you may be offered a different membership level at renewal.
Reciprocal Program Policies
The Association of Children’s Museums (ACM) Reciprocal Network is a voluntary network of ACM member museums that reciprocate discounted admission to one another’s members that hold premium family memberships. Present your valid museum membership card with the Reciprocal Network logo at any of the 200 participating museums to receive 50% off general admission for up to six (6) people including the cardholder. For a list of participating museums, please visit www.childrensmuseums.org.
- The Association of Science Technology Centers (ASTC) Travel Passport Program is valid at participating ASTC reciprocal Science Centers and Museums, for up to four (4) guests.
- The Science Center or Museum must be located at least 90 miles away from the member museum (Kidspace Children’s Museum), as well as the member’s residence, (distance based on linear radius, not driving distance).
- A valid and current ID, and Membership Card from the participating Museum are required for entry into Kidspace.
- Verify participation, as well as any exclusions with the Science Center or Museum you would like to visit ahead of time.
- Please visit www.astc.org/passport for a current list of participating venues.
- ASTC and ACM reciprocal benefits cannot be combined together or with other coupons for admission into Kidspace; only one reciprocal admission benefit will be applied towards admission per visit. Valid ID and current membership card must be presented for entry. These benefits are only valid during regular operating hours, not valid for after-hours special events or special exhibitions.
Camp COVID-19 Safety
Kidspace camps have been designed to be safety-first and follow all Pasadena, county, state, and CDC guidance, including, but not limited to the following:
- Campers are grouped in stable learning cohorts with the same staff assigned throughout camp.
- Activities are designed to maintain physical distancing.
- Face coverings are required to be properly worn indoors by all campers and staff. Kidspace strongly recommends that campers wear masks while outdoors.
- Handwashing will be readily accessible and planned into camp activities.
- To protect the health of campers and staff, parents and guardians will not be allowed to enter Kidspace Camp. Pick up and drop off will take place outside of museum grounds.
- Kidspace requests that parents and guardians screen their campers for COVID-19 symptoms and exposure prior to admission to campus.
- Campers or staff who show symptoms of COVID-19 will be sent home.
Camp Refund Policy
Our camp refund policy has been updated to address COVID-19.
- Withdrawals within ten days of a session’s start date will are subject to a $75 administrative fee.
- If Kidspace closes a camp session to comply with government COVID-19 restrictions, prorated refunds will be available, minus an administrative fee of $75.
- To comply with health department requirements, transfers between camp sessions cannot be accommodated.
- Failure to comply with the Camper Code of Conduct or COVID-19 guidelines may result in withdrawal from camp without refund.
- Kidspace reserves the right to cancel camps due to insufficient enrollment. If a camp is cancelled due to low enrollment refunds will be issued.
Camper Code of Conduct
Our camp advocates a positive guidance and discipline policy. Camp rules are established for safety and to ensure we have a common standard of behavior. On the first day of camp, Kidspace counselors will discuss camp rules will all campers. There may be moments during the course of the camp where a camper may be asked to “take a break” to give themselves a moment to reset. Any issues of behavior will be discussed with parents or guardians at pick-up time. If there are consistent behavioral issues which become disruptive for the other campers, Kidspace reserves the right to send the camper home at no refund or credit for camp payment. Please review the following code of conduct with your camper so that we can ensure a safe, positive and fun environment for all campers:
- I will listen to the camp staff and follow their instructions.
- I will follow all masking, social distancing, and handwashing rules.
- I will inform camp staff if I feel unwell.
- I will not use a cell phone or personal electronic device while at camp.
- I will treat everyone, including myself, with respect.
- I will respect other people’s belongings by not touching their things without permission.
- I will use appropriate language, which does not include swear words or negative remarks.
- I will stay with the camp and not leave my group or area.
- I will wear my Kidspace Camp shirt every day I am at camp.
- I will respect the property of the camp and of Kidspace Children’s Museum.
- Kidspace Children’s Museum is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational and cultural institution, tax ID #95-3501213.
- Please consult your tax advisor regarding the deductibility of your donation.
Store and Gift Cards
Kidspace Store Policies
The Kidspace Store includes our on-campus gift shop and retail carts.
- No eating or drinking is allowed in the store.
- Please ask an Associate for help looking at an item on high shelves or inside the packaging, do not use steps, climb on displays, or open merchandise packaging.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult in the store at all times.
- Kidspace is temporarily a cashless facility. We welcome touchless debit, credit, and tap-to-pay transactions.
Kidspace Online Store Policies
Our online store is convenient place to find hand-selected children’s books, toys, and activities anytime. It can be found at store.kidspacemuseum.org.
- Kidspace Online Store does not accept physical Kidspace Gift Cards.
Kidspace Gift Cards
- Existing physical Kidspace Gift Cards can be used for admission, merchandise, membership, and paid-programming, but cannot be redeemed at the Café or Kidspace Online Store.
- There is no cash back from redeemed Gift Cards.
- We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return. If you are not completely satisfied with your online purchase, please return it within 30 days for a refund of the merchandise price.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with tags, and in its original packaging. You will also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
- Gift merchandise accompanied by a valid gift receipt may be returned for store credit only.
- To start a return, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your return is accepted, we’ll send you a return shipping label, as well as instructions on how and where to send your package. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
- We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you will be automatically refunded on your original payment method. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund.
- Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately at email@example.com if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
- Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on clearance items or gift cards.
- You can always contact us for any return question at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By using this Site, you are deemed to have agreed to these terms and conditions of use. Kidspace Children’s Museum reserves the right to modify these terms at any time. You should check these terms and conditions periodically for changes. By using this Site after we post any changes to these terms and conditions, you agree to accept those changes, whether or not you have reviewed them. If at any time you choose not to accept these terms and conditions of use, please do not use this Site. All content on this Site is subject to change without notice. Kidspace Children’s Museum reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to all or part of this Site with or without notice. Kidspace Children’s Museum may change, suspend or discontinue all or any aspect of the Site at any time, including the availability of any feature, database, or content (including the Interactive Areas), without prior notice or liability.
Kidspace Children’s Museum reserves the right to refuse service and/or access, onsite and online, to any individuals disregarding Kidspace policies or disrespectful of Kidspace guests, staff, exhibits, or property.
Scope of Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to your use of all of the sites and services owned or operated by Kidspace Children’s Museum. These terms and conditions do not apply to your use of those sites to which the Site links.
Use of Materials Posted on this Site
Kidspace Children’s Museum’s digital assets are protected by copyright and trademark laws, and are the property of the Kidspace Children’s Museum. Digital assets are defined as content from different media (e.g., photographs, video, text, audio, Web pages, etc.) preserved in digital form.
Unless otherwise stated, you may print or download Kidspace Children’s Museum digital assets for informational, educational and other noncommercial purposes provided you include the following copyright notice adjacent to the resource, with the URL as a live link in digital environments: © Kidspace Children’s Museum
You may not reproduce, record, publish, modify or distribute any Kidspace Children’s Museum digital assets for commercial purposes without prior written consent from Kidspace Children’s Museum. High-resolution versions are available for most of the items included in Kidspace Children’s Museum digital asset catalog. Requests for commercial use of digital assets or questions as to whether a specific use is permissible or requires written consent should be sent to: email@example.com. Requests by the media for use of any image should be coordinated through the Marketing Department.
Some examples of permitted use of Kidspace Children’s Museum digital assets not requiring prior written permission:
- a handout including a Kidspace Children’s Museum activity for an educational workshop
- a link from your website to a specific Kidspace Children’s Museum digital asset
- as part of a resource packet that you create for your students
Some examples of restricted use, requiring prior written permission:
- a publication containing reproductions of Kidspace Children’s Museum activities or images, to be sold or provided in exchange for a fee
- use of Kidspace Children’s Museum images to promote a commercial program, product, event or activity, such as a science exhibition not produced by Kidspace Children’s Museum serving Kidspace Children’s Museum pages on your website
Rules of Conduct
You shall not post on this Site any Content which is libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, harassing or threatening, contains viruses or other contaminating or destructive features, violates the rights of others, such as content which infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or violates any right of privacy or publicity, or otherwise violates any applicable law.
You may not post on this Site any links to any external site. This Site may not be used by you for any commercial purpose, to distribute any advertising or solicitation of funds or goods and services or to solicit users to join competitive online services.
Kidspace Children’s Museum welcomes links to the Site. Permission to create a link to the Site is not required. However, we do reserve the right to request removal of a link from any Web page we believe does not further Kidspace Children’s Museum’s mission. You may NOT enclose pages from Kidspace Children’s Museum’s Web site within a frame set on your site.
The Site may provide links and pointers to Internet sites maintained by others. Kidspace Children’s Museum is not responsible for the availability of any other site to which this Site links. Nor does Kidspace Children’s Museum endorse or take responsibility for the content, advertising, products or other materials made available through any other site. Under no circumstances shall Kidspace Children’s Museum be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage that is caused or alleged to have been caused to you in connection with your use of, or reliance on, any content, goods or services available on any other site.
Kidspace Children’s Museum is not responsible for material appearing on any message board, chat room, or similar interactive service appearing on the Site, except for material signed by an identified representative of the Kidspace Children’s Museum. Kidspace Children’s Museum is not responsible for screening material posted by users for libel, obscenity, invasion of privacy, copyright or trademark infringement, accuracy, or for any other reason. We do, however, retain the right to modify or remove messages or other material that we, in our sole discretion, consider infringing, offensive, abusive, defamatory, obscene, stale, or otherwise unacceptable. We also reserve the right to edit materials for any other reason. Whether or not we modify or remove such material, users remain solely responsible for the content of their own messages or postings.
By submitting content to the Site, you give (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) Kidspace Children’s Museum the nonexclusive right to use your questions, comments, and postings, in their original or edited form, in television programs, books, articles, commentaries, or in any other medium now known or later developed. You are not entitled to any compensation for such use.
Any messages sent to Kidspace Children’s Museum will be treated as nonproprietary and non-confidential and will become the property of Kidspace Children’s Museum where it may or may not be used for any purpose.
Violations of system or network security are prohibited and may result in criminal and/or civil liability. Kidspace Children’s Museum will investigate incidents involving such violations and may involve and cooperate with law enforcement if a criminal violation is suspected. Complaints regarding suspected illegal use or network security should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE SERVICES AND MATERIALS ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
NEITHER KIDSPACE CHILDREN’S MUSEUM NOR ANY OF ITS RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS WARRANT THAT ANY FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THEM AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
NEITHER KIDSPACE CHILDREN’S MUSEUM NOR ANY OF ITS RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THE SITE IN TERMS OF ITS CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. YOU (AND NOT KIDSPACE CHILDREN’S MUSEUM OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES OR ANY OF ITS RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE, WILL THE KIDSPACE CHILDREN’S MUSEUM OR ANY OF ITS RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE MATERIALS ON THE SITE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.