Camp COVID-19 Safety
Kidspace camps have been designed to be safety-first and follow all Pasadena, county, state, and CDC guidance, including, but not limited to the following:
- Campers are grouped in small, stable learning cohorts with the same staff assigned throughout camp.
- All camp activities take place indoors and outdoors.
- Activities are designed to maintain physical distancing.
- Face coverings are required to be properly worn by all campers, staff, and parents/guardians.
- Handwashing will be readily accessible and planned into camp activities.
- To protect the health of campers and staff, parents and guardians will not be allowed on campus. Pick up and drop off will take place outside of museum grounds.
- Parents and guardians must consent to have their campers screened for COVID-19 symptoms and exposure prior to admission to campus. The screenings will include questions about health and exposure risk and touchless temperature checks each day of camp. Staff will undergo the same screenings.
- Campers or staff who show symptoms of COVID-19 will be sent home.
Camp Refund Policy
Our refund policy has been updated to address COVID-19.
- Cancellations or withdrawals within ten days of a session’s start date will not be refunded.
- If Kidspace closes a camp session to comply with government COVID-19 restrictions, prorated refunds will be available, minus an administrative fee of $75.
- To comply with health department requirements, transfers between camp sessions cannot be accommodated.
- Failure to comply with the Camper Code of Conduct or COVID-19 guidelines may result in withdrawal from camp without refund.
- Kidspace reserves the right to cancel camps due to insufficient enrollment. If a camp is cancelled due to low enrollment, refunds will be issued.
Camper Code of Conduct
Our camp advocates a positive guidance and discipline policy. Camp rules are established for safety and to ensure we have a common standard of behavior. On the first day of camp, Kidspace counselors will discuss camp rules with all campers. There may be moments during the course of the camp where a camper may be asked to “take a break” to give themselves a moment to reset. Any issues of behavior will be discussed with parents or guardians at pick-up time. If there are consistent behavioral issues which become disruptive for the other campers, Kidspace reserves the right to send the camper home at no refund or credit for camp payment. Please review the following code of conduct with your camper so that we can ensure a safe, positive and fun environment for all campers:
- I will listen to the camp staff and follow their instructions.
- I will follow all masking, physical distancing, and handwashing rules.
- I will inform camp staff if I feel unwell.
- I will not use a cell phone or personal electronic device while at camp.
- I will treat everyone, including myself, with respect.
- I will respect other people’s belongings by not touching their things without permission.
- I will use appropriate language, which does not include swear words or negative remarks.
- I will stay with the camp and not leave my group or area.
- I will respect the property of the camp and of Kidspace Children’s Museum.